POE-USBC-KIT INSTALLATION MANUAL
The purpose of the manual is to help you quickly and effectively navigate the installation and functions of your new Power Over Ethernet kit.
Our goal is to make our products as intuitive and simple to use as possible, so we value your feedback and questions directly to us at email@example.com. Phone +1-512-479-0317.
Or you’re always welcome to leave questions or comments on our product page: POE-USBC-Kit
- 1 X 32 VOLT 60 WATT POWER SUPPLY
- 1 X 2.1 TO 2.1 Y CABLE ADAPTER
- 1 X GPOE-1AB MIDSPAN INJECTOR
- 1 X POE-USBC PASSIVE POE SPLITTER
The things you want to make sure you get are:
– Patch cables for the data to the midspan and from the splitter to the device
– USB Type C male to male cables in the configuration you need
– Screws for mounting the devices
– Homerun data cable
If you’re looking for a Power and Data over USB Type C solution, we can also offer a USB Type C hub with a female connector in OEM quantities.
In order to overcome the power limitations of PoE+ which limits a Powered Device to 25 watts, we have opted to use a Passive PoE allowing up to 41 watts in a full kit.
You must use the PoE Texas provided midspan and power supply included in this kit to ensure the optimal performance. If you need a multi-port alternative, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-479-0317.
The installation is simple and only requires a few minutes to set up with now specialty tools.
- Go to the power and/or data source location whether its a server room, IDF, or a space provided near an AC outlet and/or datasource.
- Mount the GPOE-1AB using the M3 mounting tabs near enough to an outlet to allow the 3′ power supply to connect.
- Plug the 21-Y cable into the power port on the top and the bottom of the GPOE-1AB.
- Plug the 32 volt power supply into the female end of the 21-Y cable. Then plug it into the wall outlet. You will see power is available when the two LED lights turn green.
- Run the home-run cable to the final tablet location.
- Mount the POE-USBC onto a surface near the tablet computer. The POE-USBC can be left as an inline device if you want to.
- Connect the home-run cable. The power is functional as soon as the yellow and green LED lights turn on.
- Connect the USB Type C cable from the female port of the POE-USBC to the tablet computer.
- (Optional) You can use the RJ-45 port on the POE-USBC to connect the data. If you’d like combined power and data, we can supply an OEM hub. Otherwise, we’ll come out with the GAT-USBC-PD soon.
|Adapter length||3 ft AC Cable|
|Certifications||CE, FCC, UL|
|Input Frequency Range||50/60 Hz|
|Input Voltage Range||120-220 VAC|
|Max Power for Kit||41 watts|
|Mount Type||Wall and DIN Rail (Not Included)|
|Operating Humidity||5% to 90%|
|Operating Temperature Range||-10 – 60C|
|PoE Method||Passive PoE|
|PoE Mode/Pinout||Mode A/B|